— Douglas Crockford
I ran into this problem trying to figure out how to make sure that styling alternate rows in a table did not become messed up when tablesorter actually sorted the table.
In googling around I figured out that you had to use the zebra widget call in your initial tablesorter contructor. But no one said exactly how to get the zebra widget to apply the alternate row styling.
The simple answer is Continue reading
I just ran into this bug for the first time today.
In it, a select box appears through an element with you’ve positioned over it using a z-index.
As an example take a look at this screenshot
This sesssion was pretty much standing room only and I came in 15 minutes late.
I didn’t get to really settle in and pay attention as I’d like, so I’ll have to view the slides later (I’ll link to them because they were really frickin’ great)
This jumps around a bit, as I’m writing from memory.
- They talk about memory leaks in IE, I dunno if the newly released Jscript 5.7 addressed what they were talking about
- There was this very interesting part of the talk where they talk about being able to access dom elements using Xpath.
- Apparently Xpath is faster in situations where you want to get all divs of class foo (for example)
- With Xpath … the engine just goes and gets them, with dom it gets all the divs, then loops around and gets the ones you want
- This can be slow when you’re dealing with a lot of elements Continue reading
As I was re-reading that post, I realized that it might be helpful to know what version of Internet Explorer’s JScript you were running. Continue reading
I would personally have liked to see more done with this update (its only a “minor” update), but I suppose you don’t want to give people a reason to hold on to IE 6 right? Hopefully this stops Feed Demon (my RSS reader) from freezing on CNN’s pages?
Read more about the update here
- Erik Arvidsson explains the reason for the update
- IE’s Jscript team announces the push out of jscript 5.7 as an automatic update
- IE’s Jscript team announces the initial release and reasons for it
- Full list of what is new in Jscript 5.7